An A&E run by children!
Did you know there is mini replica Alder Hey Children’s Hospital A&E department in London?
Alder Hey are proud partners of KidZania London, where kids dream BIG!
Like Alder Hey, KidZania is a very special place. It’s a scaled indoor city for children from 4-14 years, designed to empower and inspire. Through interactive role-play, children can try out a range of professions including becoming a paramedic, a nurse or a surgeon at Alder Hey, one of Europe’s largest children’s hospitals! You can even ride in an ambulance!
It's important to look after our mental health, no matter what age we are. We’re working with our friends at KidZania London to raise awareness of good mental health for children and young people, with a very special art competition inspired by nature, which launches in time for Mental Health Awareness week.
Read on to find out more…
Connecting with nature can make us feel happier, improve our self-esteem and reduce stress and anxiety. Fresh air can help us to feel calm and playing outside with friends is a great way to stay fit and healthy. At Alder Hey, we love the outdoors so much our hospital was built in a park!
What do you love about nature? What’s your favourite thing about nature and being outdoors?
The KidZania/Alder Hey competition runs from the 7th-21st May 2021, and full details on how to submit your artwork can be found here.
When all the entries are in, the Top 3 will be chosen by Carl Dutton, one of our fab mental health practitioners (see video below), and Alder Hey super-surgeon Mr Iain Hennessey, who you may recognise if you’ve visited KidZania London.
The winning entries will be displayed here on the Alder Hey Children’s Charity website and will also be hung in the Kidzania Alder Hey waiting room at KidZania London! The winners will also receive an Oli the Elephant soft toy (blue, pink or red – you choose!) plus tickets to visit KidZania London*.
KidZania London are proud to be supporting Alder Hey Children’s Charity's #MillionMiles campaign. Staying active is proven to benefit mental health, so we’re encouraging everyone to get active while raising money for children and young people who need our support. If you would like to learn more about the campaign and find out how you can #JoinUsJoinIn, please click here and join campaign ambassador Tommy Fury and sign up!
*Terms and Conditions apply:
The winning entry will have their artwork placed in the waiting room of the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital activity at KidZania London, Westfield London, W12 7GA as well as a family ticket (for a family of four (for two children and two adults or three children and one adult) (approx. value of £138.00) to attend KidZania London before the 31st December 2021.)
The top three finalists will also receive an Oli, Elli or Ali soft toy from Alder Hey Children's Charity.
There will be one winner, and two runners-up only.
The prize is provided by Entertainment Operations Limited t/a KidZania London (“we”, “us”, and “our”. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12299506 and have our registered office at KidZania London, Westfield Shopping Centre, Ariel Way, W12 7GA.
The runners-up prizes will be provided by Alder Hey Promotions Ltd
4. For the avoidance of doubt, transportation to and from KidZania London, food and accommodation shall not be provided as part of the Prize.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason including, without limitation, whether lost, corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information.
6. Once the winner has been selected, they will be provided with a voucher for their visit, which must be redeemed for a visit before the 31st December 2021 by following the instructions on the voucher. The visitors are all bound by our standard ticket and entry Ts and Cs available at: https://kidzania.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ticket-and-entry-terms-and-conditions
How to Enter
1. In order to enter the Prize Draw, Entrants must comment with their child’s artistic creation for feature on the KidZania London Facebook post that will appear on the KidZania London page on the 7th May 2021 and use the hashtags #AlderHeyKidZaniaAtHome and #MillionMiles.
2. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Prize Draw.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason including, without limitation, whether lost, corrupted, incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information.
1. Entry to the Prize Draw is open to individuals who are residents aged 18 and over of the United Kingdom (the Entrants).
2. The Prize Draw opens on the 7th May 2021 (Opening Date) and closes at midnight on Friday, 21st May 2021. (Closing Date). After the Closing Date no further entries to the Prize Draw will be accepted.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Entry into the Prize Draw will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions and each Entrant agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter in respect of the interpretation of these terms and conditions and otherwise in relation to the Prize Draw. Entrants who do not comply with these terms and conditions will not be eligible to win the Prize.
9. Ineligible or fraudulent entries are void. All Entrants will be deemed to have authorised the Promoter to check the completeness and accuracy of the information they supply for purposes of participation. An Entrant who has supplied incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent information will be automatically disqualified.
10. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant.
11. Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Prize Draw or helping to set up the Prize Draw shall not be permitted to enter the Prize Draw.