Alder Hey Children’s Charity raises vital funds to help make Alder Hey Children’s Hospital a truly world-class, patient-friendly hospital for the 330,000 patients and families we care for every year.
The charity helps to fund a range of activities and projects that are designed to enhance and improve the lives of our amazing young patients. This includes the funding of specialist medical equipment to ensure our brilliant surgeons and clinical staff have the most up to date and cutting edge technology available and funding hi-tech distraction equipment designed and proven to reduce pain and anxiety in our patients. We also fund a range of programmes and special projects such as our ward musicians, our on-site magician and the play specialists we have on every ward.
In Spring 2020 we launched our £3m Children’s Mental Health Appeal. Our 7 in 10 Appeal highlights that 70% of young people with a mental health condition are currently missing out on vital mental health interventions at a sufficiently early age. The Appeal is aiming to raise vital funds to enhance inpatient and community mental health services at Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, enabling more children to access the treatment they need at the time they need it, an already vitally needed service which is seeing increasing demand due to the impact of Covid-19. We have also recently launched our new Surgical Neonatal Appeal to raise £2.5m towards a brand new, state of the art Surgical Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at the hospital.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing team for a key fundraising area within the Charity. The post holder will work closely with the Individual Giving (IG) and Legacy Manager and wider Charity team in supporting the efficient and successful delivery of the Individual Giving and Legacy income.
Areas of support include campaigns, regular giving programme, gifts in wills marketing and administration, as well as in memory giving.
Main responsibilities & tasks
Income Generation & Stewardship
- Deal with incoming enquires, in conjunctions with our operations team, prioritising, re-directing or responding as appropriate. Enquiry channels include, but are not exclusive to telephone, letter, email and social media.
- Processing and sending out personalised thank you letters and other campaign material.
- Action scheduled and prepared communication with supporters against an established supporter journey.
- Provide administration support for legacy pledgers and actively track the progress of live legacy cases in conjunction with our Finance Manager.
- Ensure the charity’s supporter database is kept accurate and up to date.
- Help ensure relevant pages on the charity’s website are kept up-to-date and work with the wider team to enhance those pages.
- Support the development and enhancement of supporter journeys.
- Co-ordinate diaries and facilitating the organisation of meetings and events.
- Support in the development of marketing assets both digital and non-digital for the IG and Gifts in Wills income stream. This could include including copywriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Monitor marketing resources, such as leaflets, to ensure stock levels are maintained.
- Assist with the arrangements to ensure that all donors receive outstanding stewardship to establish long term commitment to the Charity.
- Undertake other duties which may be designated from time to time by the Senior Team to achieve the Charity’s objectives, including representing the department on occasions, functions and events as required.
- Be an outstanding advocate for Alder Hey Children’s Charity in line with the core values of the organisation.
- Be an active and supportive member of the Alder Hey Children’s Charity team, contributing to the team’s development and working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers. Attend and support on events run by the fundraising teams where required.
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the charity’s work, priorities and future plans and act as a spokesperson for the Charity when required, including representing at external events as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
Location & Hours
37.5 hours per week. Flexible/ hybrid working will be considered (our offices are located on site at Alder Hey in Liverpool).
£24,131 - £28,633
Additional information about this role is included within the Job Description and Person Specification. To view this click here
Here at Alder Hey Children’s Charity, our values guide the way in which we work. By being courageous, working together, being passionate about our work, and making sure that we are creative in what we do, helps us to deliver the support necessary so that our Hospital can continue to deliver the very best care for our young patients and their families. Our values are:
Courage: we try new things and take risks to innovate and drive forward new ideas. We have the courage to speak up and take a stance. We are accountable, responsive and responsible. We are unstoppable.
Together: we work together as one team, sharing our knowledge and learning. We work in partnership with patients, families, supporters and colleagues. We are respectful, celebrate diversity and empower each other to achieve our aims.
Passion: we are passionate about what we do and why we do it. We work together to share and grow. We inspire others.
Magical: we are fun, creative and child led. We create special moments, provide little extras and go further for our brave young patients.
How to apply
- Closing date: Sunday 4th June 2023
- Interviews: Tuesday 13th June 2023
To apply for this role, fill out the below form:
Alder Hey Children’s Charity will make every endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments for applicants who require assistance in carrying out their duties due to a disability. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to equal opportunities and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Alder Hey Children’s Charity is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. The post holder may be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure check.