Cayman Islands Sundown 5K
Get ready for a night of Caribbean fun courtesy of the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, our title partner for this year’s Visit Cayman Islands Sundown 5k! Bringing you the Caribbean vibe direct from the Cayman Islands, expect live music, themes course entertainment, Caribbean food and of course a rum bar!
- Watch the sun go down as you walk/jog/run and finish with an Caribbean after-party !
- FLAT course starting at 7PM on 10th September 2022
- Entertainment to keep you going every 500 meters!!!
- Free beer from FULLER'S
- Great medal and a tech t-shirt
The festival is complete with live Caribbean themed music from Cayman Islands, the Richmond Food & Fitness Expo and a Rum Bar! We will soon be announcing our amazing headline act that will appear after your run!
Does this count towards a Goddess of Victory Medal?
It certainly does! If you take part in two (or more) adult races (5k, 10k, Half Marathon or Full Marathon) you will receive your well-earned fabulous Goddess of Victory medal!
Packet Pick Up
Race packs must be collected on the day at the Registration tent, located in Old Deer Park. Packet pick up opening time TBC to collect your race number and timing chip.
The start and finish is located towards the back of Old Deer Park. Head to the large race arch 10mins before the start of the race and save some energy to party on after Sundown!
The course is a configured of 2 x 2.5K loops with 10 entertainment stations!
If the Cayman Islands Sundown 5K is your challenge for Alder Hey, here's the four key steps you should take now:
- Email us or call us on 0151 252 5716 with your name, address and details of your charity running event.
- Help friends, family and colleagues support you easily by sponsoring you online. Set up a free online donation page with Justgiving, Virgin Money Giving or My Donate - they all automatically transfer the money you've raised to us after your charity running event.
- Spread the word and start preparing! Use your social networks and community organisations to let people know what you're doing - you can share your online donation page really easily on Facebook and Twitter.
Alder Hey Running T-Shirt