Coffee mornings, bake-offs and more...
As one of the UK’s most popular children’s charities, we get to hear about a wide range of fundraising events planned and held by our supporters. From coffee mornings to obstacle courses, your event or activity can be just about anything.
So if this sounds like a great way to have fun fundraising, read on!
How do I plan a charity event?
There are some key questions you’ll need to ask yourself when planning your own fundraising event for charity, including:
- What type of charity event should I organise?
- When is the best time for my charity event?
- Where is the best place to hold my charity event?
How do I promote my charity event?
Depending on the type of event or activity, you might need people to take part, you might need people to attend and you will definitely want people to sponsor you or donate!
Social media is a great, free way to get your event seen and shared. Create a Facebook event and use Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat to make people aware and build momentum. If you have some money to spend to promote your event, you could even produce some leaflets or posters and ask friends and local businesses to display them for you.
And don't forget we're here to help! If you need some advice please do drop us a line.
3 easy steps to your remarkable event
- Email us or call us on 0151 252 5716 with your name, address and details of your event - we like to know who is holding an event so we can send you a letter of authority to fundraise for us and help you out with Alder Hey Children's Charity branded resources.
- Check out our downloads page for fundraising packs and posters
- Spread the word! Use your social networks and community organisations to let people know and get their support
Remember - you can hold any type of event you like. If you have any questions or need some advice, please get in touch with our Community team.