The Alder Hey Olimpics
Friday 23rd July – Sunday 5th September
What better way to enjoy the summer than to get active, join TeamAH and become an Alder Hey Olimpian to support our amazing young patients.
It’s so easy to get involved, simply choose your activity or challenge and sign up!
Every member of TeamAH will receive a welcome pack and special participation certificate, and Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded for podium finishers (raising £100 = Bronze, £500 = Silver and £1000 = Gold).
As an individual/family:
There are so many activities and challenges for you to choose. We’ve provided a list of ideas below or you can get creative with your own Olimpic challenge.
• Run – Marathon? 10K? Relay? Whatever your distance, whatever your speed there’s an Olimpian in you!
• Swim – in nice heated pool or slightly cooler open water. The channel swim is 21 miles in case you want to try the big one?
• Cycle – on road, off road, with or without stabilisers cycling is a great way to join TeamAH. Our London to Paris challenge launches soon – that’s 315miles!
• Triathlon – go traditional with a swim, cycle and run; or choose any 3 challenges and complete your own bespoke Olimpic triathlon.
• Pentathlon – the modern pentathlon comprises 5 different events. Why not pick your own 5 challenges?
• Heptathlon – 7 challenges, one a day for a week? One a week for 7 weeks? You pick your challenges, you pick your timescale.
• Decathlon – the ultimate Olimpic challenge, 10 events over 6 weeks (or however long you want to take!)
• Climb – always wanted to climb Snowdon, Sca Fell, Ben Nevis, maybe all 3 Peaks? Now you can get an Olimpic medal for doing so!
• Rowing – do you go to the gym? Do you have a rowing machine at home? Perhaps it’s time to row the Channel (21 miles)?
• Get back to the gym – complete a gym based triathlon, rowing challenge, rep challenge, WOD challenge.
As a team/club
Team sports and clubs are back! Why not celebrate by holding a tournament, competition or match? We can provide our Olimpic medals for the podium finishers.
• Football – hold your own 5 a side football tournament or charity match
• Rugby – hold your own rugby 7’s tournament a or charity match
• Hockey – hold your own hockey tournament or charity hockey match
• Gymnastics – hold your own Olimpic competition
• Tennis – hold your own Olimpic tournament or marathon match
As a company:
Challenge your colleagues, engage your staff, build your TeamAH.
• Inter department 5 a side football
• Office Olimpics (Paper javelin throwing, chair rowing, bin basketball…)
• Team away day climbing a mountain
Q. How do I join TeamAH?
A. Simply go online and register at www.alderheycharity.org/olimpics or email [email protected]
Q. When is it?
A. Friday 23rd July – Sunday 5th September (or any date that suits you!)
Q. How do I get on the podium and win a medal?
Medals will be awarded to participants who raise the following:
£100 = bronze medal
£500 = silver medal
£1000 = gold medal
*All of our Olimpians will receive a special certificate*
Q. Who can enter?
A. Anyone can get involved whether you’re an individual, group, club or school. There are no lower or higher age limits.
Q. Can I have some more information?
A. Sure - email [email protected] now and we will get back to you!