Challenge of a lifetime for 2020
Explore the breathtaking Annapurna region in the Himalayas of Nepal with us on this challenge of a lifetime.
9th-18th October 2020
Your challenge takes place in the home of some of the highest mountains in the world – it’s pure Himalayan magic! The highlight of our challenge will be to summit Poon Hill at 3,210m – a majestic peak which offers trekkers an unobstructed view of the highest peaks in the Annapurna region. Our trek takes us through charming Nepalese villages where we will experience the culture of the mountain people of Nepal.
Is this trip for me? Absolutely! This trek is suitable for all ages with the correct training. The minimum age for this trek is 18 years old (14-17 year olds must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian). The one thing everyone will have in common is a great sense of adventure and the desire to help Alder Hey Children’s Charity. Whether you are taking part as an individual or as a team with friends, team spirit will be flying high on the challenge.
- Return flights from Manchester Airport to Kathmandu
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharge
- All accommodation and transfers
- All meals on trek and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Porters for trek
- Professional English-speaking local guides
- Local English speaking doctor, experienced in high altitude trekking
- Permits and National Park fees
- Kit bag including down sleeping bag, down jacket and fleece sleeping bag liner
What’s not included?
- Personal Travel Insurance – this can be obtained through Global Adventure Challenges
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, including the celebratory dinner
- Visa for Nepal
- Tips and gratuities
- Alcoholic drinks
- Discover the stunning Annapurna region of the Himalayas
- Experience local culture as you trek through Nepalese villages
- Explore dense forest, bustling with activity and wildlife
- See the sunrise as you summit Poon Hill, taking in incredible views of the trans-Himalayan ranges