Here is our quick family chicken casserole that can be cooked in less than twenty minutes and can feed a family. Enjoy now or prepare for a delicious lunch for the week ahead.
This recipe makes four portions and can be frozen.
Cooking time:20 minutes
3 large chicken breasts
2 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
300ml of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of dried herbs
A handful of kale
1/4 cup of tomato puree or good quality tomato sauce
2 teaspoons of cornflour (optional)
A small tin of beans – berlotti, canellini or similar (optional)
1. Dice the chicken and add to a large pan with a little oil and chopped onion. On a medium heat, allow to brown.
2. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and stir.
3. Pour over the stock – just enough to cover everything and simmer for 15 minutes. The sauce will have started to reduce. If you however prefer a thicker sauce, sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of cornflour to thicken it.
4. Add the Kale and tomato paste/ sauce, and a tablespoon of dried herbs.
5. Now would be a good time to add in your choice of tinned beans.
6. Leave for five minutes so that the ingredients absorb the flavours of the sauce and then serve hot.
7. Enjoy with a crusty loaf of bread, or perhaps a side of new potatoes.
Manage Cookie Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.