Run for charity or take on a challenge. Inspire yourself to push personal boundaries and you'll inspire others to support your efforts.
Your hard work and dedication at a charity running event will raise vital funds to deliver life-changing and life-saving research into childhood conditions like arthritis, cancer and diabetes, helping children everywhere.
Running events for charity
There is more to running for charity than raising money for a good cause. Running is a great way to stay fit and can have a positive effect on your wellbeing too. Motivation can be tough, particularly when work and family life or even bad weather gets in the way. But running for a charitable cause can work wonders by giving you a reason to hit the road.
- Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and Half Marathon
- Great North Run
- London Marathon
- Alder Hey 10k
- Liverpool Santa Dash
Charity challenge events
With a challenge charity running event, you can push your personal boundaries as well as do something remarkable for young patients at Alder Hey. Charity challenges are all about getting out of your comfort zone to try something new or test yourself; giving you a rewarding personal experience as well as raising money for charity.
There are so many different things you could do. Some challenge run events for charity can be completed at home, others might take you to the other side of the world.
One person’s challenge might be to trek the Great Wall of China; another person's might be to eat no chocolate for a month. Challenges are personal so friends and family will always understand how hard you are working!
- Coniston Challenge
- Nightrider Liverpool
- Liverpool Anglican Cathedral Abseil
- Vietnam to Cambodia cycle challenge
Sporty fundraising ideas
Charity running events are a common way to fundraise, but this is just one of the many ways to get your heart racing whilst raising money. Golf competitions and five-a-side tournaments are a great way to get friends involved. Or you could find a hobby and turn it into a fundraising challenge - like a Zumbathon or swimathon.
Picked your challenge for Alder Hey? Here's the four key steps you should take now
- Email us or call us on 0151 252 5716 with your name, address and details of your charity running event.
- Help friends, family and colleagues support you easily by sponsoring you online. Set up a free online donation page with Justgiving, Virgin Money Giving or My Donate - they all automatically transfer the money you've raised to us after your charity running event.
- Check out our downloads page for a fundraising pack and an offline sponsorship form.
- Spread the word and start preparing! Use your social networks and community organisations to let people know what you're doing - you can share your online donation page really easily on Facebook and Twitter.