Abseiling for Charity at Liverpool's Cathedral
Have you ever considered taking part in a charity abseil? Whether you are looking to fundraise for Alder Hey Children’s Charity, or you simply want to take part in a charity abseil with some of the best views of Liverpool imaginable, look no further! You've probably seen, been past or toured inside this iconic Liverpool landmark, but chances are you've never abseiled 150 feet over the main entrance of Liverpool Cathedral!
Understandably, this is one of Alder Hey Children’s Charity’s most popular challenges, and your opportunity to take in Liverpool's world-famous skyline in a totally new way by abseiling for charity. Abseiling Liverpool Cathedral is magical in more ways than one; not only are you overlooking an incredible view, but past abseils have included everything you can think of – including a proposal half way down!
For our 2017 event we have time slots between 1pm and 5pm, and we have two ropes available so friends and family members can abseil together. If you are scared of heights, or have simply never abseiled before and feel a bit nervous about the unknown – don’t worry. Experienced abseilers are there on the day to assist you from start to finish and answer any questions you may have. And, most importantly, to give you all the support you need and cheer you on!
Why not make things even more fun by doing your abseil in fancy dress, or with your friends and family? The abseil is a fantastic event in its own right, but can be made even more fun by getting your loved ones involved.
Abseil in 2017 - Saturday 5th August - Costs to enter
- Registration fee £35 - secures your place and requested time slot
- Minimum sponsorship £165
4 steps to abseiling for charity at Liverpool Cathedral
- Register for your chosen Cathedral Abseil event directly. Then email us or call us on 0151 252 5716 with your name, address and details of what you're doing.
- Set up a free online donation page to give friends, family and colleagues a really easy way to sponsor you. Try Justgiving, Virgin Money Giving or My Donate - they all automatically transfer the money you've raised to us after your event.
- Check out our downloads page for a fundraising packs and an offline sponsorship form.
- Spread the word! Use your social networks and community organisations to let people know what you're doing. You can tag us on Facebook and Twitter, too!
If you have any further queries about abseiling Liverpool Cathedral to raise money for Alder Hey, please call us on 0151 252 5716 or email us.