India Dalai Lama Trek
Your challenge (if you choose to accept it!) is to trek for 67km over five days through this fascinating region of North India at the heart of the world’s highest mountain range.
Explore the Kingdom of Gaddi – a semi nomadic race who wander the high passes with their cattle – passing Hindu settlements and Buddhist Monasteries with spectacular views of the Himalayan mountains. We end this incredible challenge with time to explore the incomparable Taj Mahal, the greatest monument to love ever built!
This incredible event has now finished, but check out our upcoming overseas challenge events.
- Trek organised by Global Adventure Challenges Ltd, experienced challenge organisers organisers
- Five days trekking the foothills, forests and meadows of the spectacular Himalayas
- Time to explore Tibetan-influenced Dharamsala, home to the Dalai Lama
- Time in Dehli to visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World
- Flights from Manchester (brochure says London, but this is not the case!)
- Experienced, enthusiastic and knowledgeable trek leaders from the UK Porters to carry luggage and supplies
- Fundraising support
"Do something remarkable and visit somewhere new, somewhere amazing. Hike the Himalayas and discover the spiritual home of the Dalai Lama. One inspiring fundraising challenge and the experience of a lifetime."By Cath, Head of Community Fundraising
Costs to take part
- Registration fee: £299
- Minimum sponsorship: £3,000