This is a triathlon with a twist - but you don't need to be an athlete. Just get together with friends and enjoy a summer challenge in the beautiful Lake District. Will you be there?
The Coniston Challenge, a unique team event that will not only push your physical prowess but also your fundraising talents! This triathlon is open to teams of 2, 4 or 6 members (per team) and suitable for people with a reasonable level of fitness.
Get together a team of family, friends or colleagues and join us in the beautiful Lake District for this one-day challenge! It’s a team challenge so you must stay together as a team, complete each stage, and cross the finish line together.
Stage 1: Bike 15km
Cycle through the stunning Lake District
- Bikes: We encourage you to use your own bikes. Please check they are in good condition and suitable for the tough terrain
- Bike hire: A limited number of bikes are available at an additional cost of £35pp plus £7 delivery: Your confirmation email will include the link to reserve and pay for your bike.
Stage 2: Hike 11.8km
Trek to the summit of the iconic Old Man of Coniston and take in breath-taking views over Morecombe Bay and Blackpool tower (weather permitting!)
Stage 3: Canoe 3km
Enjoy the picturesque Coniston Water on this section of the challenge.
*The order you will be completing the challenge will be confirmed prior to the event
Event base: John Ruskin School, Lake Road, Coniston, LA21 8EW
Registration fee: £75 per team (non-refundable)
Sponsorship: minimum per team: 2: £1,000, 4: £1,750, 6: £2,000
- Breakfast, packed lunch & evening meal
- Drinks and snacks
- Canoe/kayaks & equipment
- Timing trackers & GPX route files
- Marshals & signage
- First aiders
- Safety briefing
- Finishers medal
- Awards for the fastest team on each section and a trophy for the overall winner
Bikes: Own bikes can be used, must be in good condition and suitable for the tough terrain
Bike hire at an additional cost of £35pp plus £7 delivery: Your confirmation email will include the link to reserve and pay for your bike.
The all-terrain mountain bike will be waiting for you at John Ruskin School. Bookings must be made 4 weeks prior to the event.
Camping: Available at John Ruskin School (optional)
- Friday from 4.30pm to Sunday until 11am
- Using own tents or motorhome & equipment
- £15 per tent/motorhome per night
Fitness: To make the day more enjoyable we recommend plenty of training beforehand.